Cardinal Stritch University Office of Information Services seeks a Database Analyst/Developer to assist in the management and support of all enterprise applications.
Cardinal Stritch University Office of Information Services seeks a Database Analyst/Developer to assist in the management and support of all enterprise applications. This position is also responsible for developing scripts used for updating data, creating reports and data extracts, migrating data, creating views, triggers, stored procedures and other database objects in order to efficiently manage university databases.
We are looking for a person who can perform the following duties:
- Supports enterprise administrative systems and databases including but not limited to Jenzabar EX, Jenzabar Internet Campus Solution (JICS), PowerFAIDS, and other applications that may integrate with the administrative and academic systems.
- Assists with the planning and installation of upgrades and patches to Enterprise applications and SQL Server database management software.
- Reviews new features and change requests related to enterprise administrative systems and integrations and advises technical staff on issues or corrective measures relevant to reporting, usage, and performance.
- Creates and modifies technical documentation to support operations and change requests; maintains data definitions using standard naming conventions; documents existing and new database integrations, database objects and architecture.
- Reviews issues to identify, diagnose and resolve database and application related problems. Interacts with third party vendors to help troubleshoot and resolve issues and attain knowledge needed to support enterprise applications.
- Creates and supports complex functions, scripts, stored procedures, triggers and views to promote efficient use of University data.
- Gathers report requirements and creates, manages and supports university-wide standardized reports and data extracts.
- Assists with the development and support of integration solutions between enterprise administrative systems and third party applications or services including the support of APIs and web services to facilitate the automated and seamless integration of data.
- Uses software version control to maintain current and historical versions of new and changed database objects. Creates and makes use of defined change management strategies to mitigate risk and manage change.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred candidates will meet the following criteria:
- Experience understanding relational databases in a networked client/server environment.
- Experience with reporting tools and data integration tools preferred.
- Experience in data extraction, loading and manipulation.
- Experience with applications such as Jenzabar EX, Sybase InfoMaker Reporting software, PowerFAIDS, and Active Directory highly preferred.
Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or 2-3 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience; 2+ years of experience supporting Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012; Strong working knowledge of T-SQL and Power Shell scripting; and working knowledge of .NET programming languages including C#, web tools, database design, and application/systems integration development (API).
To apply: Applicants must submit cover letter, resume, and 3 references to: Human Resources
Subject line: Position Title – Yourname
Cardinal Stritch University
Human Resources – Box 522
6801 N. Yates RoadMilwaukee, WI 53217
Cardinal Stritch University is a Roman Catholic, Franciscan University sponsored by the Sisters of St. Francis of Assisi in Milwaukee,WI. A criminal background check is required before employment.