The Cardinal Stritch University Office of Information Services seeks a Database Developer/Administrator who will manage and support all enterprise applications and develop, test and implement integrations to third party applications or services.
The Cardinal Stritch University Office of Information Services seeks a Database Developer/Administrator who will manage and support all enterprise applications and develop, test and implement integrations to third party applications or services. The individual will also be responsible for developing scripts used for updating data, migrating data,creating views, triggers, stored procedures, and other database objects in order to efficiently manage university databases.
We are looking for a person who can perform the following duties-
- Manages and supports enterprise administrative systems and databases including but not limited to Jenzabar EX, Jenzabar Internet Campus Solution (JICS), PowerFAIDS, and other applications that may integrate with the administrative and academic systems.
- Plans, installs and applies upgrades and patches to Enterprise applications and SQL Server database management software.
- Develops, supports, and troubleshoots integration solutions between enterprise administrative systems and third party applications or services including the development of APIs and web services to facilitate the automated and seamless integration of data.
- Reviews issues to identify, diagnose and resolve database and application related problems; interacts with third party vendors to help troubleshoot and resolve issues and attain knowledge needed to develop efficient integrations.
- Reviews new features and change requests related to enterprise administrative systems and integrations and advises technical staff on issues or corrective measures relevant to reporting, usage, and performance.
- Monitors performance of existing database systems and takes appropriate action to ensure availability, integrity, security and dependability.
- In conjunction with Infrastructure Support, performs and maintains backups, develops and maintains recovery procedures related to enterprise databases and monitors error logs to ensure optimal operation or to restore operation after system failure.
- Creates and makes use of defined change management strategies to mitigate risk and manage change.
Preferred Candidates will also meet the following criteria:
- Experience understanding relational databases in a networked client/server environment
- Experience with reporting tools and data integration tools preferred
- Experience in data extraction, loading and manipulation
- Experience with applications such as Jenzabar EX, Sybase InfoMaker Reporting software, PowerFAIDS, and Active Directory highly preferred
Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree and have 2-5 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience, must have 2+ years of Database Administrator supporting Microsoft SQL server 2008/2012, and working knowledge of .NET programming languages including: C#, web tools, scripting languages (including T-SQL & PowerShell), database design and application/systems integration development (API).
To apply: Applicants must submit coverletter, resume, and 3 letters of reference to: Human Resources
Subjectline: Position Title – Last name, First name
Cardinal Stritch University
Human Resources– Box 522
6801 N.Yates Road Milwaukee, WI 53217
Cardinal Stritch University is a Roman Catholic, Franciscan University sponsored by the Sisters of St. Francis of Assisi in Milwaukee, WI. A criminal background check is required before employment.