Quarter-time Faculty: Teaching/Project Management Certificate, College of Business and Management
The College of Business and Management at Cardinal Stritch University seeks a quarter-time faculty member. The College of Business and Management is an ACBSP (Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs) accredited body, with an enrollment of 2400+ students. It offers degree programs in semester and accelerated formats in Wisconsin and Minnesota.
The faculty member teaches 5 Courses, 25 - 30 workshop nights (depending on length of course) over the course of a nine-month period as determined by the Dean of the College of Business and Management.
H/she facilitates active learning of the course and course outcomes in the curriculum and proactively supports all facets of the learning environment. The faculty member provides education through active learning facilitation that will enable students to fulfill the evolving marketplace needs of the 21st century leader. S/He encourages a culture of learning that values mutual responsibility, respect, life-long learning and ethics as well as personal and professional development.
In collaboration with the Dean and the School Associate Deans, provides leadership for the overall direction, monitoring and ongoing development of the Project Management Certificate including program and curriculum design and development.
The approximate time commitment for this position is 10 hours per week. This position is part time only. The incumbent must assure the Mission and Vision of the University as well as the Mission and Vision of the College of Business and Management in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Provides competency-based education, which aligns with the ACBSP –CPC requirements of curricula.
- Designs and delivers learning strategies to meet course competencies, and activities that support both learning session, outcomes and course outcomes in the timeframe in which the class is held.
- Enables achievement of course outcomes provided in the syllabus by providing facilitation and active teaching and learning strategies that foster established competencies through assessment criteria provided.
- Promotes student success by exhibiting a passion for teaching and engagement of students in the learning process.
- Manages the learning environment through being present for every class and on time, keeping accurate records, submitting grades and other reports on time, and enforcing college academic and attendance policies. This includes keeping students the full 4 hours of required class time.
- Contributes to a learning culture by participating on Subject Matter Teams to continually review and revise program curricula.
- Supports college events such as faculty meetings, orientation, graduation and participation in other faculty professional development opportunities.
- Relates professional/life/industry experience to learning through the introduction and permeation of industry perspective into courses, and the active awareness of professional/industry trends and opportunities.
Project Management Certificate
- Assist the Associate Dean of the Undergraduate School with the overall direction, monitoring and ongoing development of the Project Management Certificate
- Serve as lead faculty member and SME team leader for the Project Management Certificate, involving other SME faculty in program and curriculum development and design, including the delivery of the certificate program
- Provide leadership in the design and development of the Project Management Certificate ensuring program and course alignment with professional certification standards as well as university, college, certificate and course learning outcomes
- Coordinate the ongoing review of the curriculum content and delivery ensuring continuous improvement in quality, effectiveness and learning outcomes, making improvements to the curriculum and delivery modality based on data, best practices and university and college guidelines
- Assist the Associate Dean of the Undergraduate School with the management and coordination of the assessment process for the Project Management Certificate following the assessment guidelines and plan for the College of Business and Management
- Attends school and college meetings as required by the associate dean of the undergraduate school
- Master’s Degree in area of concentration needed by the College.
- Two years of teaching experience in a post-secondary institution or college with two letters of recommendation documenting teaching performance.
- Membership in a professional association tied to academic concentration
- Earned doctorate in area of teaching.
- Five or more years of teaching experience in a post-secondary institution or college.
- Leadership positions within a professional associate tied to academic concentration.
- Substantive body of published research within discipline/established and ongoing line of inquiry.
Appointment of Quarter Time Faculty
The appointment of quarter time faculty is a nine-month, renewable appointment. The University reserves the right to non-renew based on performance; faculty staffing and deployment needs of the College; demand for faculty development and student enrollment.
Renewal/continuation of adjunct Faculty appointments is based on the following criteria:
- College need based on enrollment
- College faculty staffing/deployment needs
- College need based on demand for faculty development
- Satisfactory teaching evaluations
- Adherence to Key Job Elements and Abilities above
A criminal background check is required prior to employment. For consideration, please send your resume and letter of interest via email to:
Academic Employment Coordinator
Cardinal Stritch University
Position is open until filled.