System Support Specialist II
The Cardinal Stritch University Office of Information Services seeks a System Support Specialist, level 2 who will manage and support the university data centers.
The individual will be responsible for all aspects of maintaining a highly virtualized VMware infrastructure, Windows and Linux virtual servers, storage area networks and backup and recovery solutions. A high degree of VMware vSphere, vCenter and Windows server knowledge and experience are required.
We are looking for a person who can perform the following duties-
- Installation,configuration and maintenance of server operating systems, VMwarevirtualization, Storage Area Network (SAN), server racks, switches and softwareproducts in all university data centers including the business continuity /disaster recovery site
- installation, configuration and maintenance of email systems, including Microsoft Exchange, Office 365 and Google Apps environments
- Installation,configuration and maintenance of Microsoft Forefront Identity Management systems
- Installation,configuration and maintenance of Microsoft System Center systems
- Installation,configuration and maintenance of Microsoft SQL systems
- Develop,implement and maintain a series of metrics to measure service performance and usage and to aid in future planning
- Develop,implement, maintain and routinely test a rigorous information, system and service backup solution which meets the operational and compliance needs of the University
- Create and maintain appropriate documentation for all systems and services
- Develop server, storage, operating systems and software specifications for planning and acquisition
- Ability to test new applications and equipment as well as provide system administration, configuration management, system monitoring to ensure overall efficiency
- Possess advanced ability to identify and troubleshoot server hardware and software problems
Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree and have 3 years of experience maintaining a mission critical VMware environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To apply: Applicants must submit cover letter, resume, and 3 letters of reference to: Human Resources
Subject line: Position Title – Last name, First name
Cardinal Stritch University
Human Resources– Box 522
6801 N.Yates Road Milwaukee, WI 53217Cardinal Stritch University is a Roman Catholic, Franciscan University sponsored by the Sisters of St. Francis of Assisi in Milwaukee, WI. A criminal background check is required before employment.