Educator Effectiveness Support
Beginning in Summer of 2014-15, in addition to our new teacher inductionwork, SEWNTP will offer professional trainings for supervisors and effectiveness coaches as well as for all teachers moving forward in their practice.
This Comprehensive Supervision and Evaluation element will focus on Developing Teacher Expertise in two ways:
- Preparing Teachers to set goals, develop meaningful PPG & SLO’s as well as participate in peer teaching discussions.
- Creating Effective Coaches and Supervisors to successfully use coaching language, cycles and tools.
Educator Effectiveness Offerings
Beyond EE: Implementing a System of Evaluation, Supervision, and Reflection That Supports Teacher Expertise
Open to the General Public
Please note: The SEWNTP consortium is submitting an application for the Peer Review and Mentor Grant to develop and support professional development and implementation of the Educator Effectiveness initiative. Awards will be announced mid to late August 2014; therefore, this will impact the previously scheduled dates for Beyond Educator Effectiveness. The new dates are listed below.
This series of 3, 1-day workshops will help districts use these formative components to drive their design and implementation of acomprehensive approach to Educator Effectiveness. This approach balances the need for rigorous evaluation with specific processes and protocols to ensure effective supervision and opportunities for reflection that will empower teachers to develop their individual and collective expertise.
Intended Audience: Superintendents, Curriculum Directors, Human Resource Directors, Principals, Effectiveness Coaches, Grade-Level/ DepartmentChairs, Teachers
Dates: -Participants must commit to attending all 3 days
- September 25, 2014: Balancing Evaluation, Supervision, and Reflection Through the Lens of Expertise
- December 4, 2014: Beyond PPG’s and SLO’s: The development and use of instructionally informative assessments
- March 12, 2015: Developing collective capacity to ensure meaningful implementation of EE Protocols
Please see our flyer for more information, including cost, schedule, location and facilitator information
Educator Effectiveness Seminars for Teachers
Open to Consortium Members Only
These three sequential, free after-school sessions will give practical, hands-on processes, tools, and practice for classroom teachers to maximize teacher growth and student learning. School districts are encouraged to send teams of teachers in order to optimize the theories and practice of collaborative growth.
Intended Audience: School District teams (up to 5) interested in moving the PPG & SLO process towards student growth & improved teacher practice collaboratively and over time.
Dates:Participants must commit to attending all 3 evenings
- September 30, 2014: Building reflective practice, formative use of EE frameworks, and the development of meaningful PPG’s and SLO’s
- December 9, 2014: Beyond PPG’s and SLO’s: how to use coaching tools, language and protocols to build teacher practice
- March 31, 2015: Developing collective capacity to ensure meaningful implementation of EE
Please see our flyer for more information, including schedule, location and more