General Registration Information
- Registration closes 2 weeks prior to each individual session; you may register for stand-alone sessions or the entire series.
- Please view our Attendance Policy before registering.
Register for any SEWNTP Offering
Community of Practice for New Educators Seminar Series
The purpose of these seminars is to:
- Provide an opportunity for mentors and beginning teachers to learn how to improve teacher practice to impact student learning in realtion to the Wisconsin Teachers Standards.
- Provide a springboard for future dialogues and work between the beginning teacher & mentor.
- Share ideas and resources with others in and across roles and experiences.
- Reflect on personal practice and set goals for growth in promoting positive classroom environments.
- The intended audience for these seminars is first-year teachers and their mentors
- Participants, please bring an Artifact of Practice to each seminar.
- These seminars are designed primarily for classroom teachers and specialst teachers, if you are pupil services personnel (ie. guidance counselor) please check with your district to see if your attendance is required.
- Each seminar will be offered at a northeast (Brown Deer High School- Thursdays) and southwest (Pewaukee High School-Mondays) location. Please choose the date & location that is most convenient for you.
2014-15 Dates and Topics (Topics subject to Change)
Time: Light snack available from 4:30pm-5:00pm, Seminar: 5:00pm-7:00pm
Click here to see the 2014-15 flyer
|Seminar 1||Gen.Ed. & Specialists Topic ||Sp. Ed. Topic|
Pewaukee: Monday, Sept. 15, 2014
Brown Deer: Thursday, Sept. 15, 2014
|WTS #5- Promoting Positive Classroom Environment||WTS #5 & #7 -Organizing for Efficient Instruction|
|Seminar 2||Gen.Ed. & Specialists Topic ||Sp. Ed. Topic|
Pewaukee: Monday, Oct. 6, 2014
Brown Deer: Thursday, Oct. 16, 2014
|WTS #6 & #10- Communicating with Parents & Families||WTS #1 & #2- The IEP: Core of the Sp. Ed. Goal-Setting Process|
|Seminar 3||Gen.Ed. & Specialists Topic ||Sp. Ed. Topic|
Brown Deer: Thursday, Dec. 4, 2014
Pewaukee: Monday, Dec.8, 2014
|WTS #8- Assessing Student Understanding and Achievement||WTS #8- Monitoring Student Progress Through Assessment|
| ||PDP Informational Overview immediately follows seminar (7:15-8:15 pm). Required for credit option|
|Seminar 4||Gen.Ed. & Specialists Topic ||Sp. Ed. Topic|
Brown Deer: Thursday, Feb. 12, 2015
Pewaukee: Monday, Feb. 16, 2015
|WTS #3- Matching Instruction to Student Needs||WTS #3 & #4- Building Connections to Meet the Diverse Needs of Learners|
|Seminar 5||Gen.Ed. & Specialists Topic ||Sp. Ed. Topic|
Brown Deer: Thursday, April 23, 2015
Pewaukee: Monday, April 27, 2015
|WTS #9- Self-Reflection and Goal Setting||WTS #9- Self Reflection and Goal Setting|
For information about first-year Teacher seminars around PI 34 and the PDP process, visit the PI 34 / PDP Support page.
To register for any SEWNTP Event, see our Register for an Event page