General Registration Information
- Registration closes 2 weeks prior to each individual session; you may register for stand-alone sessions or the entire series.
- Please view our Attendance Policy before registering.
Register for any SEWNTP Offering
Community of Practice for New Educators Seminar Series
The purpose of these seminars is to:
- Provide an opportunity for mentors and beginning teachers to learn how to improve teacher practice to impact student learning in realtion to the Wisconsin Teachers Standards.
- Provide a springboard for future dialogues and work between the beginning teacher & mentor.
- Share ideas and resources with others in and across roles and experiences.
- Reflect on personal practice and set goals for growth in promoting positive classroom environments.
- The intended audience for these seminars is first-year teachers and their mentors
- Participants, please bring an Artifact of Practice to each seminar.
- These seminars are designed primarily for classroom teachers and specialst teachers, if you are pupil services personnel (ie. guidance counselor) please check with your district to see if your attendance is required.
- Each seminar will be offered at a northeast (Mequon Thiensville School District- Thursdays) and southwest (Greenfield School District-Wednesdays) location. Please choose the date & location that is most convenient for you.
2015-16 Dates and Topics (Topics subject to Change)
Time: 5:00pm-7:00pm, check in beings at 4:30pm
Click here to see the 2015-16 flyer
|Seminar 1||Gen.Ed. & Specialists Topic ||Sp. Ed. Topic|
MTSD: Sept. 17, 2015
Greenfield: Sept. 23, 2015
|WTS #5- Promoting Positive Classroom Environment||WTS #5 & #7 -Organizing for Efficient Instruction|
|Seminar 2||Gen.Ed. & Specialists Topic ||Sp. Ed. Topic|
MTSD: Oct. 8, 2015
Greenfield: Oct. 14, 2015
|WTS #6 & #10- Communicating with Parents & Families||WTS #1 & #2- The IEP: Core of the Sp. Ed. Goal-Setting Process|
|Seminar 3||Gen.Ed. & Specialists Topic ||Sp. Ed. Topic|
MTSD: Dec. 10, 2015
Greenfield: Dec. 16, 2015
|WTS #8- Assessing Student Understanding and Achievement||WTS #8- Monitoring Student Progress Through Assessment|
|Seminar 4||Gen.Ed. & Specialists Topic ||Sp. Ed. Topic|
Greenfield: Jan. 27, 2016
MTSD: Feb. 4, 2016
|WTS #3- Matching Instruction to Student Needs||WTS #3 & #4- Building Connections to Meet the Diverse Needs of Learners|
|Seminar 5||Gen.Ed. & Specialists Topic ||Sp. Ed. Topic|
MTSD: April 7, 2016
Greenfield: April 13, 2016
|WTS #9- Self-Reflection and Goal Setting||WTS #9- Self Reflection and Goal Setting|
For information about first-year Teacher seminars around PI 34 and the PDP process, visit the PI 34 / PDP Support page.
To register for any SEWNTP Event, see our Register for an Event page