To qualify for admission to the Reading Teacher program, students must have:
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally-accredited college or university.
- A GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale (probational acceptance may be granted).
- A photocopy of a teaching license or written verification of past/present experiences in an education-related field.
- Two attitude and disposition questionnaires, one completed by your building principal or department leader, and one completed by another individual who can comment on your professional leadership abilities.
- Access to struggling readers or children with learning disabilities.
- Applicants educated outside of the U.S. must follow academic admission procedures relating to English ability and credential evaluation described on the International Admissions webpage.