no cost to submit the admissions application online.
for this program are reviewed on a rolling basis so allow sufficient time
before the start of your program for consideration. Students applying as international students will need to submit additional
information regarding language proficiency and student visa status.
Official transcripts (from every college or university attended) must be submitted in a sealed envelope directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions. We suggest that you request your transcripts as soon as possible. Your application cannot be reviewed until we have them in hand. It is not necessary to request transcripts for work that you have completed at Cardinal Stritch University.
Three Structured Reference Forms
Two of the three forms should be submitted from professionals in your field, and the other from a representative of a college or university.
This document should include the following information:
- Information on your formal education, major schools attended, degrees obtained, and dates.
- All professional positions held.
- Any relevant programs or additional informal education.
- Any published professional articles (in journals, school/agency publications, organizational newspaper, etc.); include title, date, journal, page number, etc., and attach a copy.
- Any presentations made to organizations, associations, etc.
- Any honors/awards received.
- Memberships in professional and other organizations; include offices held and dates of membership.
- Any significant/relevant personal experiences.
Your formal essay should be divided into these four sections:
- Section 1: Language Development and Literacy
- Section 2: Language and Literacy Experiences
- Section 3: Organizational Transformation
- Section 4: Goals for Doctorate in Language and Literacy Program
Please send all application materials to:
Cardinal Stritch University
Office of Graduate Admissions, Box 437
6801 N. Yates Road
Milwaukee, WI 53217-3985