Academic and Professional Requirements
- A master's degree from an accredited college or university.
- A grade point average of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale in master’s coursework is required, but a lower GPA can be considered on an individual basis.
Admissions Application and Transcripts
Complete the Admissions Application
- Submit the admissions application which is free to complete online.
- Applications for this program are reviewed on a rolling basis so allow sufficient time before the start of your program for consideration.
Have official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions you have attended delivered directly to the Office of Admissions. We suggest that you request your transcripts as soon as possible. Your application cannot be reviewed until we have them in hand. It is not necessary to request transcripts for work that you completed at Cardinal Stritch University.
Information for International Students
If your prior education was not conducted in English, you must demonstrate proficiency with acceptable scores from the TOEFL, IELTS, or an ESL program. Review the language and academic requirements to know if you are prepared for studying at Stritch. We can also help you obtain an F-1 student visa.
Three Letters of Recommendation
Three letters of recommendation and reference forms are required. Two letters should be submitted from professionals in your field, and one from a representative of a college or university. References should include their letters of recommendation with the reference forms.
- Information on your formal education, major schools attended, degrees obtained, and dates.
- All professional positions held.
- Any relevant programs or additional informal education.
- Any published professional articles (in journals, school/agency publications, organizational newspaper, etc): title, date, journal, page number, etc. Please attach a copy.
- Any presentations made to organizations, associations, etc.
- Honors/awards received.
- Membership in professional and other organizations: offices held, dates of membership.
- Significant/relevant experiences.
- Community Service.
Formal Essay Divided in Four Sections
- Section 1: Leadership and Change
- Section 2: Learning
- Section 3: Service and Organizational Transformation
- Section 4: Goals for Doctorate in Leadership
This essay is an essential aspect of the admission process and will be carefully evaluated in order to make a decision on your entry into the doctoral program. Follow the guidelines carefully, addressing all items. The essay will be evaluated based on:
- Content relevance to topic proposed
- Clarity of presentation
- Maturity of style
- Maximum of six double-spaced pages
Section 1 – Leadership and Change
- Define and describe leadership.
- Give an example of how you have functioned as a leader in your position.
- Describe how you have participated in change. Describe inhibitors and facilitators of change as you perceived them.
Section 2 – Learning
- Describe your interest in creating a "learning organization."
- Describe what you have done to contribute to the creation of a "learning organization."
Section 3 – Service and Organizational Transformation
- Define what you feel is the relationship among leadership, learning, and service.
- Describe how your service has been applied to the transformation of an organization.
Section 4 – Goals for Doctorate in Leadership
- Identify goals and expectations for pursuing a Doctorate in Leadership.
- Describe how the attainment of this degree will enhance your ability to lead and transform organizations.
Please send all application materials to:
Cardinal Stritch University
Office of Graduate Admissions, Box 437
6801 N Yates Road
Milwaukee, WI 53217-3985