Reading Teacher Certification
To qualify for admission to the Reading Teacher program ,students must have:
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally-accredited college or university.
- A GPA of 2.75 on a4.0 scale (probational acceptance may be granted).
- A photocopy of a teaching license
- Two attitude and disposition questionnaires, one completed by your building principal or department leader, and one completed by another individual who can comment on your professional leadership abilities.
- Access to struggling readers
Applicants educated outside of the U.S. must follow academic admission procedures relating to English ability and credential evaluation described on the International Admissions webpage.
Please note that those interested in this program should choose the Reading Teacher Certification option on the online application for admission.