M.A. Language and Literacy
M.A. in Language and Literacy
Academic and Professional Requirements
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- A grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (probationary acceptance may be granted).
Professional Credential and Competency
- A valid Wisconsin teaching license is required to receive the administrative licenses.
Admissions Application and Transcripts
Complete the Admissions Application
Submit the admissions application which is free to complete online.
Have official transcripts from each college or university you attended delivered directly to the Office of Admissions.
Information for International Students
If your prior education was not conducted in English, you must demonstrate proficiency with acceptable scores from the TOEFL, IELTS, or an ESL program. Review the language and academic requirements to know if you are prepared for studying at Stritch. We can also help you obtain an F-1 student visa.
Two Attitude and Disposition Questionnaires
Attitude and disposition questionnaires should be completed by two individuals. Your building principal or department leader should complete one, and another individual who can comment on your professional leadership abilities should complete the other.
316 Reading Teacher Certification
Begin your admissions application online at no cost. Please note that those interested in this program should choose the Reading Teacher Certification option on the online application for admission.
To qualify for admission to the Reading Teacher program you must have:
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally-accredited college or university.
- GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
- A photocopy of your teaching license
- Submit two attitude and disposition questionnaires, one completed by your building principal or department leader, and one completed by another individual who can comment on your professional leadership abilities.
- Have access to struggling readers
Applicants educated outside of the U.S. must follow academic admission procedures relating to English ability and credential evaluation described on the International Admissions webpage.
Please send all application materials to:
Cardinal Stritch University
Office of Graduate Admissions, Box 437
6801 N. Yates Road
Milwaukee, WI 53217-3985