The 316 program consists of four 12-week courses which can be completed in any order, and a final practicum requirement consisting of a12-weekinternship to be completed in one of Stritch’s Literacy Centers. .
- RL560 - Language, Literacy, and Learning (12 weeks, 4 credits)
- RL561 - Language, Literacy and Learning Within and Across the Disciplines (12weeks, 4 credits)
- RL 562 - The Assessment and Instruction of Reading and Writers (12 weeks, 4 credits)
- RL 563 - Meeting the Literacy Needs of Students at the Advanced and Developing Stages (12 weeks, 4 credits)
- RL 565 - Practicum (12 weeks 4 credits)
In addition, each course requires Literacy Center observation and practical application. These learning opportunities will be completed outside of scheduled class time. Scheduling and locations are flexible – Guidelines will be provided, but student will be responsible for making their own arrangements.
Students may take 2 courses during the same time.
No outside study team hours are required.
A current course schedule may be requested from Grad Admissions.