M.A. Special Education (Initial Certification)
To qualify for admission to graduate studies at Cardinal Stritch University, you must have:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- A grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale (probationary acceptance may be granted).
- Applicants educated outside of the U.S. must follow academic admission procedures relating to English ability and credential evaluation described on the International Admissions webpage.
To gain admission to the Master of Arts (M.A.) in Special Education (initial certification) program, you must also provide:
- Passing scores on all three sections of the Core, or passing score on the ACT, SAT, or GRE test.
- Two attitude and disposition questionnaires from professionals who have served in a supervisory capacity and can attest to your likelihood for success in the program.
- A personal essay, not more than two pages in length, outlining your reasons for seeking teacher certification in special education, life experiences that may have affected this career choice, and the level of commitment you are willing to make to a master's degree program.