Master of Arts (M.A.) in Special Education (Extended Certification - Online Format)
To qualify for admission to the Master of Arts (M.A.) in Special Education (online format) program, you must have:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- A grade point average of 2.75 in a 4.0 system (probationary acceptance may be granted).
- A valid Wisconsin teaching license.
- A personal statement identifying your qualifications and reason(s) for pursuing the M.A. in Special Education degree.
- Two attitude and disposition questionnaires completed by professionals (a former professor, a principal, or a
teaching supervisor) who can attest to your likelihood for success in
- One introductory course on students with Exceptional Education Needs (EEN).
Please note: One developmental literacy course focusing on how children learn to read is required for this certification program. If you have not already taken a developmental literacy course, you will have the opportunity to complete this requirement as part of the certification portion of the program, making the total number of credits required for certification 29 credits.