Master of Arts (M.A.) in Special Education (Extended Certification - Online Format)
To qualify for admission to the Master of Arts (M.A.) in Special Education (online format) program, you must have:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- A grade point average of 2.75 in a 4.0 system (probationary acceptance may be granted).
- A valid Wisconsin teaching license.
- A personal statement identifying your qualifications and reason(s) for pursuing the M.A. in Special Education degree.
- Two attitude and disposition questionnaires completed by professionals (a former professor, a principal, or a
teaching supervisor) who can attest to your likelihood for success in
- One introductory course on students with Exceptional Education Needs (EEN). Note: If you have a valid Wisconsin teaching license, you will likely have fulfilled this requirement. The M.A. in Special Education program advisor can review your transcripts to determine if you have met this requirement.