As of spring
|As of spring 2015, we are no longer accepting new applications for this program. Review our
list of degrees
for another program within this college.
To qualify for admission to the Master of Arts (M.A.) in Special Education (online format) program, you must have:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- A grade point average of 2.75 in a 4.0 system (probationary acceptance may be granted).
- A valid Wisconsin teaching license.
- A personal statement identifying your qualifications and reason(s) for pursuing the M.A. in Special Education degree.
attitude and disposition questionnaires completed by professionals (a former professor, a principal, or a teaching supervisor) who can attest to your likelihood for success in the program.
- One introductory course on students with Exceptional Education Needs (EEN). Note: If you have a valid Wisconsin teaching license, you will likely have fulfilled this requirement. The M.A. in Special Education program advisor can review your transcripts to determine if you have met this requirement.