M.A. in Urban Special Education
Academic and Professional Requirements
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- A grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (probationary acceptance may be granted).
Professional Credential and Competency
- A valid Wisconsin teaching license is required to receive the administrative licenses.
- Passing scores in all three sections of the Core. A passing score within the past 5 years on the ACT, SAT or GRE can be accepted in place of the Praxis I/Core.
- Passing score on the Praxis II: Middle School Content Knowledge Test (# 5146)
Admissions Application and Transcripts
Complete the Admissions Application
Submit the admissions application which is free to complete online.
Have official transcripts from each college or university you attended delivered directly to the Office of Admissions.
Information for International Students
If your prior education was not conducted in English, you must demonstrate proficiency with acceptable scores from the TOEFL, IELTS, or an ESL program. Review the language and academic requirements to know if you are prepared for studying at Stritch. We can also help you obtain an F-1 student visa.
Two Attitude and Disposition Questionnaires (recommendation forms)
Attitude and disposition questionnaires should be completed by two individuals. Your building principal or department leader should complete one, and another individual who can comment on your professional leadership abilities should complete the other.
Download Attitude and Disposition Questionnaire
The essay should be a two-page (double-spaced), word-processed statement addressing why you wish to pursue special education certification, the path you have taken to get here, and the dedication you will have in the program.
Cardinal Stritch University
Office of Admissions
6801 N. Yates Road, Box 516
Milwaukee, WI 53217-3985
(414) 410-4042 or (800) 347-8822 x4042