Master of Science (M.S.) in Educational Leadership: Professional Learning
To qualify for graduation from this program, you must:
- Complete master’s coursework with a 3.0 overall grade point average
on a 4.0 scale and a satisfactory grade of "C" or better in any course.
- Meet with a teacher leader mentor throughout the program.
- Complete and present master’s project.
- Complete all of the requirements within seven consecutive academic years.
- Obtain recommendation for graduation from the program chair.
- EDU 577 Seminar in Educational Leadership: Professional Leadership (1 cr.)
- ED 690 Understanding, Supporting and Facilitating the Spirit of PI-34 (3 cr.)*
- ED 642 Instructional Mentoring (1 cr.)*
- EDU 571 Introduction to Leadership Theory (3 cr.)
- ED 643 Coaching and Observation Strategies (1 cr.)*
- ED 644 Analyzing Student Work to Guide Instruction (2 cr.)*
- ED 648 Coaching in Complex Situations (1 cr.)*
- EDU 588 Leadership Practica/Applied Research I (3 cr.)
- EDU 573 Introduction to Organizational Theory (4 cr.)
- EDU 575 Leading Organizational Development (4 cr.)
- ED 646 Mentoring for Equity (1 cr.)*
- ED 645 Designing and Presenting Professional Development (1 cr.)*
- EDME 604 Teacher Leadership and Learning (3 cr.)
- EDU 586 Analysis of System Leadership (2 cr.)
- TOTAL: 30 credits
* These courses are part of the Southeastern Wisconsin New Teachers
Project mentoring certificate program (10 credits). Students who have
already completed some or all of these courses as part of the mentoring
certificate program may apply to have the courses waived as part of the
M.S. in Educational Leadership: Professional Learning degree program.