Academic and Professional Requirements
- A master's degree from an accredited college or university in
an education-related field.
- A grade point average of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale in master’s coursework is required, but a lower GPA can be considered on an individual basis.
- Administrator license,
master’s degree in
Educational Leadership, or
- Complete the leadership core competencies course work through Cardinal Stritch University by completing 12 credits:
- EDU 571: Introduction to Leadership....................4 credits
- EDU 573: Leading Complex Systems.....................4 credits
- EDU 575: Leading Organizational Development.....4 credits
These courses can be completed prior to or concurrently with the Director of
Pupil Services course.
- Three years of full time teaching experience or as school counselor, psychologist or social worker
Complete the Admissions Application
- Submit the admissions application which is free to complete online.
- Applications for this program are reviewed on a rolling basis so allow sufficient time before the start of your program for consideration.
Two Attitude and Disposition Questionnaires
Attitude and disposition questionnaires should be completed by two individuals. Your building principal or department leader should complete one, and another individual who can comment on your professional leadership abilities should complete the other.
A one to two page essay addressing the following prompt:
- Describe your leadership philosophy
- Reason for seeking admissions to the program
Please send all application materials to:
Cardinal Stritch University
Office of Graduate Admissions, Box 437
6801 N. Yates Road
Milwaukee, WI 53217-3985