Master of Science in Nursing (M.S.N.)
Please send all application materials to:
Cardinal Stritch University
Office of Graduate Admissions, Box 437
6801 N. Yates Road
Milwaukee, WI 53217-3985
Application for Admission to the M.S. in Nursing (M.S.N.) program
Apply online (the application fee is waived for those who apply online).
Official transcripts (from every college or university attended) must
be submitted in a sealed envelope directly to the Office of Graduate
Admissions. We suggest that you request your transcripts as soon as
possible. Your application cannot be reviewed until we have them in
hand. It is not necessary to request transcripts for work that you
completed at Cardinal Stritch University.
Letters of Recommendation
Two letters of recommendation are required, addressing your potential
to successfully complete graduate studies. At least one letter should
be from a professional nurse. The other letter may be from your
supervisor or an instructor/nursing faculty member (if undergraduate
study was within last five years).
- Formal education, degree(s) obtained and major, school(s) attended, dates of attendance.
- All nursing and other positions held.
- Any relevant coursework (CEU programs/courses taken).
- Any published professional articles (in journals, hospital/agency
publications, school newspaper, etc.) Include title, date, journal, page
number, etc. Please attach a copy.
- Presentations before staff, patient/family and other groups
(including educational seminars presented to peers as part of job
responsibilities), date, length of presentation, title, location.
- Honors/awards received.
- Membership in professional and other organizations—offices held, dates of membership.
- Community service: Names of organizations, description of activities.
Reflective Essay on Professional and Educational Goals
Essay should be 3-5 pages in length, typed using proper grammar,
punctuation, spelling, etc. and with a scholarly writing style.
Reflect on the following:
- Your goals for graduate nursing education (provide at least 2-3 goals with discussion);
- How will an MSN degree from Stritch advance or change your career path in nursing and as a nurse educator;
- How will a graduate nursing degree with an educator focus affect
your individual nursing practice and the discipline of nursing; and
- Your reasons for choosing Stritch and the MSN degree program it offers.
A photocopy of your license to practice as a registered nurse in one or more states in the U.S. or in another country.
Once your application is complete, you will be contacted to schedule an interview with a graduate nursing faculty member.
Individuals interested in applying for a Federal Student Loan should follow the steps for the financial aid process.