You've been accepted to Cardinal Stritch University - congratulations! But now what? If you are a transfer student, here’s a list of things to stay on top of to ensure a smooth transition to become a Stritch student. And of course, your admission counselor will help make sure that you stay on top of these!
The following checklist is for undergraduate transfer students. If you are not a transfer student, please click the appropriate link below.
1. Submit your deposit
Confirm your admission and housing status by submitting your deposit. The deposit is $150 for students who live on-campus, and $100 for students who commute.* You can pay the deposit in the following ways:
- Online: Pay online through our secure site. Log in with your Stritch student ID (found on your acceptance letter) and last name. Please contact your admission counselor if you have any questions.
- Mail: Mail a check, payable to Cardinal Stritch University, to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
- Phone: Contact the Business Office at (414) 410-4232 and pay your deposit using a credit or debit card.
* The deposit is refundable until January 5 (spring semester).
2. Submit your Housing Preference Form
Reserve your space in Clare Hall by submitting your Housing Preference Form on My Stritch. Using the ID number that you received in your acceptance packet, go to My Stritch and click on the ‘Stritch Resources’ tab. Click on ‘Housing Preference Form’ in the left navigation window to complete the form. Early
submission will give you the greatest chance of receiving your
preferred room type. The Housing Preference Form is not considered
received until both the form and the deposit are received.
3. Take the COMPASS Placement Test (if needed)
If you are required to take the University’s placement test, COMPASS, prior to registering for classes, you will be notified by your admission counselor to schedule a time to take the test.
4. File your financial aid paperwork
Complete the 2015-16 FAFSA if you plan to start classes in the spring semester. Complete the 2016-17 FAFSA if you plan to start classes in the spring semester.Stritch’s Financial Aid Office will also contact you regarding any other documents that are required. You should submit the FAFSA as soon as possible, as some forms of financial aid are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
5. Submit your health history form
All full-time students are required to submit a confidential health history form before the first day of classes. Using the ID number that you received in your acceptance packet, go to My Stritch and click on the 'Stritch Resources' tab. Click on 'Medical History Portlet' in the left navigation window to complete the form.
6. Register for classes
Classes begin on Tuesday, January 19 for the spring semester; classes begin on Monday, August 29. Transfer students must attend a Transfer Student Registration Day to register for classes. Click here to sign up for an upcoming Spring Transfer Student Registration Day.
7. Attend Transfer Student Orientation
Transfer Student Orientation is a half-day program for all students transferring to Stritch directly from another institution. You will receive more information about Transfer Student Orientation after you register for classes.