Aid for Continuing Students

Applying for financial aid at Stritch as a continuing student is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Locate your Department of Financial Aid PIN

The PIN number serves as your personal identifier for several Department of Education systems. The PIN number also serves as your electronic signature. If you are a dependent student, your parents will need their PIN. Determine if you are a dependent or independent student. If you do not have a PIN you can apply for a Department of Education PIN Number

2. Complete a Free Application for a Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Renewal Form

You can complete a FAFSA or check on the status of a completed FAFSA at You can use your PIN number from step one above to sign your FAFSA form. You will be asked to indicate the school code of the college or university that you will be attending. Cardinal Stritch University's school code is 003837

3. Complete all paperwork requested by Stritch's Financial Aid Office

After you have completed the FAFSA, the federal government will send you and the Stritch Financial Aid Office a copy of the processed application, called a Student Aid Report (SAR). From the SAR, Stritch will determine if additional paperwork is required to complete your financial aid application. It is important to keep track of where you are in the financial aid process to ensure that your financial aid arrives on time.

The Stritch Financial Aid Office will assist you with this process by sending you reminders of what paperwork is needed to complete the financial aid process. You can also find out what paperwork has been received and what paperwork is still needed to complete the financial aid process online through Online Aid Services. After you are logged in, please be certain that you have accessed the correct year from the drop-down menu at the top of the screen.