FAQs about undergraduate financial aid.

What is my PIN for the Stritch Online Aid Service? Is it the same as my FAFSA PIN?

Your Stritch Online Aid PIN number is one that you will create. This number is not the same as the FAFSA PIN number.

What do I do if I forgot my Stritch Online Aid Service PIN?

If you forget your Stritch Online Aid Service PIN number you can click on "forgot your PIN?" and reset it.

Where do I turn in my financial aid documents?

All forms can be turned in to the One Stop Desk. You may also mail in or fax in completed documents. Please be sure all forms are completed in their entirety. If a question does not apply enter a zero or n/a, please do not leave anything blank.

What is verification? Why did I get chosen for verification?

Students may have their FAFSA randomly selected for the verification process by the federal government. These applicants will be required to submit specific documents requested by the Stritch Financial Aid Office. These documents will be used to verify information on the FAFSA. This process must be completed before students can receive a financial aid award offer. Please be sure all forms are completed in their entirety. If a question does not apply enter a zero or n/a, please do not leave anything blank.

How do I accept or decline my financial aid? Can I decline part of my financial aid or loans?

The form to accept or decline funds is called "Financial Aid Award Decision Form." This form can be accessed from the Online Aid Service under the "forms" tab. You have the option of accepting/declining all funds or accepting/declining a portion of the funds.

What is the difference between subsidized and unsubsidized loans?

Subsidized loans are awarded based on financial need. The government pays interest on the loan until repayment begins and during periods of deferment. When accepting funds, you should always accept subsidized first. An unsubsidized loan is not awarded based on need, and interest is charged from the time the loan is disbursed until it is paid in full. You can begin paying the interest on the unsubsidized loan, but it is not required.

How do I complete my entrance counseling and sign my Master Promissory Note (MPN)?

You can link to the MPN and entrance counseling from Online Aid Service or you can access it directly from www.studentloans.gov.

I received Federal Work Study on my financial aid award. What does this mean?

Federal Work Study is a program that allows undergraduate and graduate students with financial need to work part-time in order to help pay educational expenses. To earn work study funds, you will need to obtain a work study position. You will receive a paycheck twice a month.

How should I go about finding a campus job?

Campus offices generally begin to post student worker opportunities in mid-August. By registering for StritchConnect, you will be able to review all of the postings that have been shared with Career Services. As you arrive on campus, you may also visit departments and campus offices to inquire about student worker openings.

Am I guaranteed a campus job if I’m awarded Federal Work Study on my financial aid award?

Unfortunately, receiving a work study award in your financial aid package does not guarantee an on-campus position. If you are not able to secure a work study position during your first semester at Stritch, keep trying as positions can become available throughout the year. In addition to on-campus positions, students may earn their work study by working with an approved non-profit organization. For more information on this opportunity, please contact Sean Lybeck-Smoak at (414) 410-4730 or slsmoak@stritch.edu.