- A bachelor’s degree in nursing from a program accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in nursing and other course work.
- Successful completion of undergraduate courses in statistics and nursing research.
- Computer literacy.
- License to practice as a registered nurse in Wisconsin.
In addition to the educational credentials mentioned above, it is also required that all candidates for admission to the MSN program complete a Reflective Essay on Professional and Educational Goals as follows:
- Essay should be 3-5 pages in length, typed using proper grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc. and with a scholarly writing style.
- Reflect on the following:
- Your goals for graduate nursing education (provide at least 2-3 goals with discussion);
- How will an MSN degree from Stritch advance or change your career path in nursing and as a nurse educator;
- How will a graduate nursing degree with an educator focus affect your individual nursing practice and the discipline of nursing; and
- Your reasons for choosing Stritch and the MSN degree program it offers.
Applicants educated outside of the U.S. must follow academic admission procedures relating to English ability and credential evaluation described on the International Admissions page.
Visit the MSN program page for additional information, including an application checklist, degree requirements, and course descriptions.