Have a question not answered here? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2014 Alumni Challenge FAQs:
Who is eligible for the match?
- All alumni are eligible for the 2014 Alumni Challenge. Gifts will be matched if:
- This is your first gift to Stritch
- Your first gift to Stritch was made between Aug. 1, 2012 and July 31, 2013
- The amount given is an increase over your last gift to Stritch (only the amount increased will be matched – for example, if you gave $50 last year and are giving $75 this year. The $25 increase would be matched by the Challenge donors).
What is matched?
- Gifts made after Jan. 31, 2014 to the Stritch Annual Fund or Santa Chiara Fund will be matched dollar for dollar (up to a total of $50,000 for the Challenge).
What will Challenge funds go towards?
- Gifts made to the Stritch Annual Fund as part of the Challenge will be used for scholarships, faculty support, technology and other student-centered initiatives. Gifts made to the Santa Chiara Fund will be used for need-based scholarship support.
What if I make more than one gift?
- You can make as many gifts as you like. All qualifying gifts will be matched. The Challenge will run through July 31, 2014 or as long as matching funds remain.
If I already donated this fiscal year (Stritch's fiscal year runs Aug. 1, 2013 through July 31, 2014), can I donate again and have that donation matched?
- If you are a graduate of Stritch and the gift(s) you make are an increase over your last gift, the increased amount would qualify for the match.
If I work for a matching gift company, what amount will be matched by my employer?
- If you or your spouse works for a company who matches employee gifts, you can triple your gift to Stritch. If your gift qualifies for the match (see above), your gift will be matched by our Challenge team AND your respective employer. Example: If you give a first-time gift of $100, your company will match the $100. The challenge will also match your $100 gift, bringing your total gift to $300.
How long does the challenge last?
- The 2014 Alumni Challenge runs until July 31, 2014 or as long as matching funds remain – whichever comes first.
How do I know if my gift was matched by the Challenge?
- Your donor receipt/thank you letter that is mailed after your gift has been processed will reflect your gift and any applicable matches that were made as a result of the Challenge. Your total gift will be listed.
How can I check on the progress of the Challenge?
- You can visit the Alumni Challenge webpage:www.stritch.edu/alumnichallenge14 where regular updates will be posted. You can also watch our Facebook page for updates. An image of the Stritch mascot, Wolfy, will show the fundraising progress to date for the Challenge.
How do I join the President’s Tau Society?
- If you make a gift of $500 or more and it qualifies as a matching gift for the Challenge, the amount will be doubled, bringing the total gift to $1,000+. Donors at this level become members of the President’s Tau Society, our leadership giving society.
What are the Alumni Challenge goals?
- Our primary goal is to increase alumni participation in Stritch’s Annual Fund, therefore increasing the number of alumni donors to the University. With this Challenge, we look to raise $50,000 from 1,500 or more alumni donors. With that amount matched by our donors, the Challenge itself will raise $100,000 towards the University's $2.35 million goal this fiscal year.