Annual Ministry Symposium
"The Call to Discipleship, the Vocation to Ministry"
with Kathleen Cahalan, Ph.D.
Friday, January 20, 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
How do we understand the general calling of all the baptized and a particular calling such as ministry in the church? This presentation will explore what it means to say we are all called to follow as disciples, and some disciples are called to be ministers.
Beyond our common calling, what does it mean to say that each Christian has particular callings such as tax accountants, first grade teachers, or plumbers? How is the call to ministry a unique and particular calling and what is its relationship to other callings in the Christian life?
Kathleen A. Cahalan is professor of theology at Saint John’s University School of Theology∙Seminary, Collegeville, Minnesota. Cahalan earned her doctorate in practical theology from the University of Chicago Divinity School and is author of several books, including Living Your Discipleship: Seven
Ways to Express Your Deepest Calling, co-authored with Laura Kelly Fanucci (Twenty-Third Publications, 2015) and Introducing
the Practice of Ministry (Liturgical Press, 2010).
$30 per person.
Register online with a credit card, or print a
registration form and mail it in with a check.
For more information, please contact Michael Taylor at 414-410-4353 or
What is An Evening with the Saints?
- A “spirited” fundraiser for Cardinal Stritch University’s Saint Clare Center for Catholic Life
- A “Holy Happy Hour”
Why should we come?
- To have fun. (When else will you have the chance to “drink with the saints” by sampling beverages associated with various holy men and women?)
- To support the Saint Clare Center in the important work of forming saints among us.
What do we get?
- Heavy appetizers, complimentary wine, and those samples of saintly drinks. (Want more? Cash bar.)
- A fun, fast, flurry of stories about saints from the most entertaining presenter in the Archdiocese: Al McCauley, teacher at Pius XI High School and graduate of Stritch.
How much do we pay?
- $50 per person – at least to start. (It’s a fundraiser. You may be so inspired by the evening that you decide to make an additional contribution. You never know.)
- A table of 8 is $400
Where and when?
- Cardinal Stritch University’s Kliebhan Conference Center (6801 N. Yates Rd., Milwaukee)
- Friday, February 24, 2017, starting at 6:00 p.m.
To register online and pay with a credit card, click
(If you are not able to attend but would like to make a donation, click
We look forward to seeing you on February 24!