My Library Account
My Library Account on TOPCAT
You can access your TOPCAT library account by entering your barcode number and PIN (Patron Identification Number). After logging in, you can:
- View a list items you currently have checked out
- View the status of your holds and requests
- View outstanding fines
- Renew items
Using your student ID and barcode
Your Stritch ID card acts as your library card. With it, you can:
- Borrow items from the Cardinal Stritch University Library
- Request and borrow items from SWITCH libraries
- Access Cardinal Stritch University electronic resources remotely
- Access your library account online
Finding your barcode online
If you do not have a Stritch ID card or do not have access to it at the moment, you can find your barcode on MyStritch.
- Login to MyStritch
- Click Personal Info on the top of the page
- Click Get your library barcode information
- Print the page for use in the library, or make note of the 14-digit barcode number
About your PIN
Creating a PIN
- Go to My Library Account
- Enter the barcode number found on the front of your Stritch ID card
- Leave the PIN blank and click the SUBMIT button
- You will be prompted to create a new PIN
You are not automatically assigned a PIN. You will create one the first time that you login to your library account or access a library database remotely.
Tips for creating a PIN
- A PIN must be at least 4 characters long
- A PIN can contain letters and numbers
- The PIN is case sensitive
- Special characters (such as $, !, *) are NOT allowed
- You cannot repeat a character 3 or more times (i.e. "aaa", "ababa", "mexxx")
What if I forgot my PIN?
Click on the Forgot Your PIN? button to reset your PIN. You will receive an email to help you create a new PIN.
If you need additional assistance, call the Reference Desk at (414) 410-4257.
Creating a username
You have the option of creating a username, which can be used in place of the 14-digit barcode number.
To create a username:
- Login to My Account
- Click the Modify Username link
- Enter a username
- Click SUBMIT to save your changes. You will receive an email notifying you that your username has been changed.
If you forget your username, your barcode will still work for logging in to your library account.