The library provides assistance and
adaptive technologies to help patrons with disabilities access library
The adaptive technologies workstation on the first floor is equipped with this software. Inquire at the reference desk for assistance in using these tools.
- MAGic screen magnification software
- One to sixteen times computer screen magnification and color adjustments for visually impaired individuals
- JAWS screen reading software
- Screen reader that uses a voice synthesizer to output the content of the computer screen to audio speakers
- Kurzweil 1000 scanning and reading software
- Makes printed and electronic material accessible to visually impaired individuals. Printed pages may be scanned and converted to a version that the software can read aloud while electronic files can simply be opened and read.
- myReader 2 video magnifier
- Auto-reader for low vision that allows users to take images of book or magazine pages and myReader2 rearranges the text onscreen.