Users are responsible for the items checked out on their card until the items are returned.
Students, faculty, and staff
Students, faculty, and staff of the University may check out items from Cardinal Stritch University Library, as well as any library in the SWITCH consortium, using their university ID as a library card. This card also provides remote access to the library's subscription resources.
Cardinal Stritch University alumni may apply for limited library borrowing privileges with their alumni association membership card. Read more about alumni privileges.
Members of the public may purchase a Cardinal Stritch University Library card with limited borrowing privileges at the library. Read more about services for the public.
Borrowing from SWITCH Libraries
Items found in TOPCAT that are not owned by Cardinal Stritch University Library may be requested by Stritch patrons and delivered to Stritch library (or another SWITCH location) for pickup. Items generally arrive within two business days. There is no charge for requesting items from other libraries in TOPCAT.
Items may be renewed in person, by phone, by voicemail, or online. When renewing by phone (414-410-4263), please be prepared to provide your name, the barcode number (14 digits beginning with 450) from your Stritch ID card, and the titles to be renewed.
- Most books and audiovisual items in the regular collection can be renewed twice.
- Items from the 'Leased Books Collection' can only be renewed once.
- Items that have been recalled (i.e., requested by another patron) cannot be renewed.
- Electronic equipment, including laptops, iPads, WolfCams, and calculators, cannot be renewed.
- Outstanding library charges may prevent a user from renewing items.
- Books and audiovisual materials may be returned to any book drop at any time.
- When the library is open, books and audiovisual materials may be returned to the book drop at the circulation desk or to a library employee at the circulation desk.
- Electronic equipment, including laptops, iPads, WolfCams, and calculators, must be returned at the circulation desk when the library is open.
- Items from any SWITCH library can be returned to any SWITCH library regardless of where they were checked out.
Book Drop Information
There are three book drops on main campus:
- Inside the library at the circulation desk
- Outside the library in the Great Hall
- At the exterior northeast corner of the library facing Roger Bacon Hall
- There is one book drop at the Cardinal Stritch University City Center site. It is located right behind the security desk at the main entrance of the building.
- Books and audiovisual materials may be returned to the book drop located at City Center at any time.
- Electronic equipment, including laptops, iPads, WolfCams, and calculators, cannot be returned to City Center.
- It is not possible to check out library materials at City Center or have library materials delivered there.
Returning Items from Off-Campus
Patrons unable to return books and audiovisual materials, including interlibrary loan items, to any of the library's book drops may mail them to the following address:
Cardinal Stritch University Library
6801 North Yates Road, Box 526
Milwaukee, WI 53217
- Patrons are responsible for shipping and handling costs when returning items via mail.
- The library is not responsible for items that are lost or damaged in transit.