What is ILLiad?
ILLiad is an acronym for InterLibrary Loan internet accessible database, the electronic system you use to request an item through Interlibrary Loan.
five-minute introduction to ILLiad covers:
- When to use ILLiad?
- Creating an ILLIad account
- Requesting an item
- Retrieving items
First Time User Registration for Interlibrary Loan
To request an item through Interlibrary Loan, you must first identify yourself to the library's ILLiad system. To do this you fill out a registration form using your Web browser.
Registration has three purposes:
- Entering your personal information into the ILLiad system means you will not have to supply the information again when making future requests.
- Having your e-mail and regular mail addresses on file with Interlibrary Loan enables us to notify you promptly and deliver materials accurately when your request arrives in the library.
- By specifying a Username and Password of your choosing, you will have secure access to information about your requests. You will also be able to review the list of items you have requested in the past.
About your Username and Password
During registration, you will be asked to choose a Username and Password. You will use this Username and Password when logging on to the ILLiad system in the future.
- Choose anything you like, such as your name, abbreviations, or an alphanumeric code. NOTE: This username is not tied to your Stritch account and may be whatever you wish
- Choose anything you like. We recommend that you follow good security practice and choose a password that is different from those you use to access other systems.
- ILLiad will encrypt your password, so it will remain secure. Only you will know your password.
Begin new user registration
How do I request an item?
Login to ILLiad
- Under New Request, choose one of the material types (Article, Book, Book Chapter)
- Fill out the form
- Click the Submit Request button
How do I know when my material has arrived?
You will be notified via the email address that you specify when you create your ILLiad account that your material has arrived.
What if I forgot my password?
- Click the
Forgot Password? link.
- Enter the username you created for ILLiad.
NOTE: This username is not tied to your Stritch account and may be whatever you wish
- Click the Reset Password button
- An e-mail will be sent to the address you specified when you registered for ILLiad.
- Click on the link within the e-mail
- You'll be directed to a Reset Password form.
- Complete the form and click the Reset Password button
Frequently Asked Questions
Questions about making requests, loan periods, and renewals can be found on the
InterLibrary Loan Service page.