Cardinal Stritch University and Junior Achievement of Wisconsin are collaborating to host a Wisconsin Campus Compact AmeriCorps VISTA member who will serve as a community partnership liaison.
This initiative is geared to pave the way for partnerships that will help Stritch engage with Junior Achievement and other organizations and businesses working to build stronger local and global communities.
“Being awarded this position not only recognizes Stritch’s ability to play a meaningful role in community and economic development, but it will also help grow our capacity to expand civic learning opportunities for our students and alumni,” said assistant professor Mark Gesner, College of Business and Management faculty chair of community engaged learning & leadership.
AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) is the only federally funded national service program that focuses on anti-poverty outcomes. Members serve full-time in a community for one year at a nonprofit organization, university,or local government agency, working to fight illiteracy, improve health services, support economic growth, strengthen community groups, and much more.
In return for their service, AmeriCorps *VISTA members receive:
- A modest monthly living allowance
- $5,550 education award or $1,500 cash after the completion of their service
- Health care benefits
- Professional development and training
This opportunity is ideal for graduating seniors and alumni. To apply to the Wisconsin Campus CompactAmeriCorps VISTA program on the AmeriCorps website, follow these steps:
- Go to MyAmeriCorps (https://my.americorps.gov)
- Click on "Apply to Serve" at the bottom of the page
- When your application is complete, click "Search Listings"
- Use the search term, “WiCC” to find available listings
- Find the specific WiCC AmeriCorps VISTA program you want and apply,
The deadline to apply is May 10, 2013. For additional information, please contact Gesner at email@example.com.