Online Writing Lab
About the Online Writing Lab
What is the OWL?
The OWL is one of many tutorial services offered to all Cardinal Stritch
University students through the Academic Support Center. When using the OWL,
students are able to electronically submit drafts of college writing assignments
for any subject to the OWL tutors for prompt review and feedback.
Who are the tutors?
The OWL tutors are professional staff members of the Academic Support Center
at Cardinal Stritch University. The OWL tutors are happy to share their writing
expertise with you; however, as many aspects of writing are easier to explain in
person than via e-mail, you are encouraged to consult with your class instructor
or a tutor in the Academic Support Center if necessary.
Who may use the OWL?
Only students currently enrolled in CSU may use the OWL. The student must
know how to use e-mail and check it regularly to receive a response and have
access to Microsoft Word in order to submit an essay.
What won't the OWL do for me?
- The OWL tutors will not review your essay without assignment
- They will not rewrite your essay.
- They will not repair your mechanical errors.
- They will not assign a grade or guess what grade your instructor will give
- They will not review take home exams.
- They will not review Capstone papers, Master’s theses, or
The OWL is not staffed over the weekends, so essays submitted Friday
afternoon or later will not be read until Monday.
If you have any questions about the OWL, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org