Health Policies

The goal of Health Services is to keep you healthy so you can accomplish your educational objectives and enjoy campus life.

Vaccine Policy

All new students entering Cardinal Stritch University should complete an Immunization and Health History Form prior to the beginning of their first semester. The information provided is confidential and will be retained by Health Services as part of the student’s medical record.

Students living in the residence halls should also complete the Meningococcal Meningitis and Hepatitis B Vaccine Requirement form.

Students should use this form to comply with Wisconsin law [SS 36.25(46)] and with Title IV, the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 , which requires students who live in a residence hall to report whether or not they have received vaccinations against meningococcal disease and hepatitis B. If a student has been vaccinated, he/she must provide the dates of such vaccinations. The form must be signed by a parent or legal guardian if the student is under the age of eighteen at the time of occupancy.

Immunization requirements:

  • Tetanus-Diphtheria vaccine within the past 10 years.
  • Completion of the Polio series.
  • Evidence of the Varicella Vaccine or the chickenpox virus. Immune titers are also acceptable.
  • Two doses of MMR (The first dose of MMR, measles, mumps, or rubella must have been given after the 1st birthday. The two doses MMR or two same components must be given at least 28 days apart.). Immune titers are also acceptable.
  • Complete the Tuberculosis screening questionnaire.

Students living in the resident hall are required to complete the health history form and must have documentation of the required immunizations prior to moving into the residence hall.

TB testing is required for students considered to be in high-risk groups. Please refer to the health history form for a listing of who are considered high risk.

All nursing students, international students, and those participating in intercollegiate sports and International Programs must have a physical examination by a licensed provider.

Immunization and Health History forms are available online or may be obtained in Health Services.