Trevor F. Hyde
Chair - Clinical Psychology
Faculty - Psychology Graduate
Trevor Hyde worked as a geriatric neuropsychologist prior to joining the faculty of Cardinal Stritch University in 2012. He is currently the director of the master's program in clinical psychology and teaches graduate classes in Advanced Statistics and Research Methods, Biological Bases of Human Behavior, Assessment I (Cognitive), Multicultural Issues in Clinical Psychology, Systems of Psychology, Internship Seminar, and Advanced Personality. His research interests include neuropsychology, psychological test design, neurodegenerative diseases of aging, dementia, cognitive functioning, personality disorders, multicultural issues, social stigma, romantic relationships, sexual orientation, couples therapy, and the psychology of music. In addition to his work with the psychology department, he is a musician who performs and arranges for the Cardinal Stritch chamber ensembles.
- Kwak, J., Wallendal, M.S., Fritsch, T., Leo, G., & Hyde, T. (2014). Advance Care Planning and Proxy Decision-Making for Patients with Advanced Parkinson Disease. Southern Medical Journal, 107, 178-185.
- Fritsch, T., McClendon, M.J., Wallendal, M.S., Hyde, T., & Larsen.J. (2014). Prevalence and Cognitive Bases of Subjective Memory Complaints in Older Adults: Evidence from a Community Sample . Journal of Neurodegenerative Diseases, vol. 2014, 9 pages.
- Fritsch, T., McClendon, M.J., Wallendal, M.S., Smyth, K.A., Geldmacher, D.S., Hyde, T., & Leo, G. (2014). Can a Memory Club Help Maintain Cognitive Function? A Pilot Investigation. Activities, Adaptation & Aging, 38, 1-24.
- Fritsch, T., Hyde, T., Wallendal, M.S., & Nausieda, P.A. (2013). L-DOPA-Induced Disinhibition in Parkinson Disease: More than Agonistic Behavior. Biological Systems:Open Access, 2, 115.
- Fritsch, T., Smyth, K.A., Wallendal, M.S., Hyde, T., Leo, G., & Geldmacher, D.S. (2012). Parkinson disease: research update and clinical management. Southern Medical Journal, 105 , 650-656.
- Hyde, T., & Fritsch, T. (2011). Assessing executive function in Parkinson disease: the Alternating Names Test. Part I: reliability, validity, and normative data. Parkinsonism and Related Disorders, 17, 100-105.
- Hudetz, J.A., Iqbal, Z., Gandhi, S.D., Patterson, K.M., Hyde, T., Reddy, D.M., Hudetz, A.G., & Warltier, D.C. (2007). Postoperative cognitive dysfunction in older patients with a history of alcohol abuse. Anesthesiology, 106, 423-430.
- Guastello, S. J., Hyde, T., & Odak, M. (1998). Symbolic dynamic patterns of verbal exchange in a creative problem solving group. Nonlinear Dynamics, Psychology, and Life Sciences, 2, 35-58.
- Guastello, S.J., Shissler, J., Driscoll, J., & Hyde, T. (1998). Are some cognitive styles more creatively productive than others? Journal of Creative Behavior, 32, 77-91.
- Ph.D., Marquette University
- B.A., Lawrence University
‹ Back to Faculty & Staff Directory