Literacy Centers offer comprehensive literacy assessment and intervention services
for students in grades K-12.
helped students succeed since 1943, through applying research-based strategies
tailored to their strengths, needs, and ongoing progress.
- Cardinal Stritch University campus in Glendale, 6801 N. Yates Road, Milwaukee
- T4U Site - Carson Academy, 4920 W. Capitol Dr., Milwaukee
- T4U Site - Metcalfe Elementary, 3400 W. North Ave., Milwaukee
- GEAR-UP Site - Harold S. Vincent High School, 7501 N. Granville Rd., Milwaukee
- GEAR-UP Site - James Madison High School, 8135 N. Florist, Milwaukee
program offers individualized intervention plans built from research-based best
practices in phonological awareness, phonics, vocabulary, fluency,
comprehension, writing, and study skills. All students are taught in groups of
1-2 by graduate literacy professionals or Cardinal Stritch University undergraduate and graduate
curriculum is based on basic literacy instruction and engaged motivation,
through inspiring self-confidence and success as a reader.