Scholarships for new freshmen
We believe that cost should never be a barrier to a great education. Counselors in our Financial Aid Office are dedicated to helping you with each step of the financial aid process so you can easily find ways to help fund your education. We also have numerous donor funded scholarships available for students.
Franciscan Heritage Scholarships
Renewable each year and awarded to incoming freshmen based on high school GPA scores*. All students who meet the minimum requirements receive this scholarship or grant at one of the following levels.
- Trustee's Scholarship: $24,000 per year
- President's Scholarship: $21,000 per year
- Dean's Scholarship: $19,000 per year
- Merit Scholarship: $17,000 per year
*Applicants may appeal to have their ACT/SAT score included in a scholarship determination if they believe their award would increase. Submitting ACT/SAT will not decrease awards.
Boys and Girls Clubs Scholarship
Current club members enrolling in a traditional bachelor's degree program receive this $1,000 scholarship, which is included in the student's financial aid package. We are extending this scholarship to parents of club members, and employees, who are seeking a daytime bachelor's degree to help improve access to a high-quality and affordable education.
Campus Visit Grant
Awarded to incoming freshmen who make an official visit to campus. An official visit is one arranged with the admissions office, a coach, faculty member, or another official representative of the University. In addition to visiting campus, an eligible student must gain acceptance and enroll full-time. $500 per year, renewable
Flahive Athletic Scholarship
Awarded to incoming freshmen and transfer students competing as part of one of our intercollegiate athletic teams. Renewable.
Franciscan Servant Scholars Scholarship
Available to incoming freshmen and transfer students who demonstrate involvement in volunteer and community service activities and an interest in developing a deeper understanding of how the Franciscan heritage informs their mission in life. Program application required. Up to $1,000 per year, renewable.
Awarded to incoming freshmen and transfer students who have an immediate family member who graduated from or currently attends Cardinal Stritch University. $1,500 per year, renewable
Performing Arts Scholarship
Awarded to incoming freshmen and transfer non-theater majors who demonstrate an ability in music and/or theater. Renewable.
Archbishop Timothy M. Dolan Scholarship
Awarded to incoming freshmen who have graduated from a Catholic high school. Timothy M. Dolan served as the 10th Archbishop of Milwaukee from 2002-2009. He was named Archbishop of New York in 2009 and appointed to the College of Cardinals in 2012. $1,750 per year, renewable
Visual and Performing Arts Scholarship
Awarded to incoming freshmen and transfer students majoring in the fine arts; eligibility is based on academic department and university admission requirements. Renewable.
Institutional Need-Based Aid
The following funds are for traditional undergraduate students who demonstrate financial need as determined by the FAFSA. Students need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in order to be considered for these funds.
- Stritch Grant The Stritch Grant is awarded to daytime undergraduate students who demonstrate financial need. The amount of the grant will vary on financial need and is renewable as long as financial need is still demonstrated.
- Stritch Residency Grant Awarded to daytime undergraduate students who live on campus and demonstrate financial need. The amount of the grant will vary on financial need and is renewable as long as financial need is still demonstrated along with the student remaining to reside on campus.
- Stritch Military Grant Awarded to full-time undergraduate students who are in active duty or have proof of an honorable discharge, and to students who are married to an individual currently deployed. Eligible students can receive up to a 25% tuition reduction.