Accuplacer has six parts: Arithmetic, Elementary Algebra, College-Level Math, Sentence Skills, Reading Comprehension, and WritePlacer. Speak with your Admissions Counselor to determine if you are required to take the entire placement test, or if you are only required to take specific portions.
How to Sign Up
Accuplacer tests are offered on the main campus every week on Tuesdays at 12 p.m. and Wednesdays at 4 p.m. Students must register to take the test with their Admissions Counselor or Advisor. If students are unable to come to campus to take the test, there is also an online / remote test option available for a $25 fee.
Completing all sections of the test may take three or more hours. For more information about registering for Accupalcer, contact your Admissions Counselor or Advisor.
How to Prep for the Test
Test preparation, sample items, and other information is available on the Accuplacer Test Prep Website
Procedure for the Day of the Test
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before the test is scheduled to begin so that you can check in. Check in on campus is at the Student Services Desk, which is located in the Bonaventure Hall atrium.
- Have a photo ID with you so the proctor can verify your identity.
- The test proctor will meet with students approximately five minutes before the exam begins and take students to the testing lab.
- General ACCUPLACER Regulations:
- No calculators are allowed
- Cell phones must be turned off and stored away before testing begins
- No food or drink is allowed in the testing room
- Only students / test-takers are allowed in the testing room. No other family members or children will be permitted
- Students will be provided with pencils and scratch paper