- Are available and prepared for students appointments.
- Guide students to make informed decisions.
- Create plans that work with each student's individual needs.
- Are knowledgeable about policies and procedures to navigate students through their educational experience when needed.
- Share accurate and relevant information regarding courses.
As a student working with an advisor...
- Initiate and maintain contact with your advisor(s).
- Be on time and come prepared to each appointment with questions, topics and materials for discussion.
- Ask for help when confronted with academic, career, or personal concerns.
- Ask questions and let your advisor know when you don't understand something.