Your Dream. Your Choice. Your Future
The Limitless Curriculum encourages students to embrace their passions, aligning them with an academic major and ultimately, a career.
Stritch makes it easy to pursue any dreams you may have.
Learn more today.
"As employers today aim to hire critical thinkers who are thoughtful, team-focused, and agile, our Limitless Curriculum prepares our graduates to excel in whatever career they choose, while doing what Stritch graduates do best—positively impacting the communities where they live, work, serve and lead.”
- Dr. Kate Meudt, ’17, Vice President of Academic Affairs
Laying the foundation for your future
The Limitless Curriculum will enable you to learn how to value and apply research, how to give a winning presentation that is authentic to your personal brand, and how to enrich your writing skills.
Students who are undecided on an academic major or career path will benefit from the interdisciplinary focus to help find the passion and aptitude to guide their future, while students who have a major in mind will become proficient in the skills offered in the interdisciplinary core.
Reimagining majors for flexibility
Academic majors have been reimagined and restructured and are now comprised of 3-5 concentrations instead of 10-18 courses. Students can select traditional majors that align to their purpose or choose an interdisciplinary major that allows them to experience how different areas of study and focus work together to innovatively address 21st century challenges.
How does the Professional Core enhance student outcomes?*
- 95% of employers said candidate experience is a factor in hiring decisions, this includes internships or co-op experience.
- 70% of companies offer interns full-time jobs and 80% of students accept those offers.
- Employers see their internship programs as the best path for hiring top entry-level candidates.
- Internships enable you get your feet wet in your planned career to make sure it is for you.
- Students who complete internships receive more job offers.
- Average pay for entry-level employees with an internship is 6.5% higher than those without internship experience.
*Sources include livecareer.com and comparecamp.com
There is no substitute for experience
All traditional undergraduate Stritch students participate in the Professional Core as part of graduation requirements. Consisting of 7 credits that includes pre-internship (1 credit), internship (3 credits) and capstone (3 credits) courses, the Professional Core ensures that students have relevant work experience and the skills needed to be effective contributors immediately upon graduation.
Students majoring in nursing or education participate in work experience relevant to their academic program such as clinical placements or student teaching experiences in lieu of the Professional Core.