M.S. in Teaching (Secondary)
The Stritch teacher preparation program is the best choice for degreed professional seeking teacher licensure with the option of a Master of Science in Teaching (MST). Giving you the skills you need to be an effective teacher at the secondary or high school levels, the Stritch teacher preparation program helps you earn your teaching license in as little as 18 months!
All new Hyflex option
Classroom experience with online convenience.
In response to the unprecedented, unpredictable conditions we have been in since March 2020, Stritch has developed a new delivery option, Hyflex. You will participate in classes in-person or via Zoom directly from the classroom.
Students will have the option to move between courses that are offered as hybrid and online synchronous formats per semester. This is similar to the current practice in many K-12 schools. Our investment in technology and restructuring courses has made this flexible option available to our students. Contact us to see if Hyflex is right for you.
Interested in this program?
Fill out the inquiry form for more information.
The teacher preparation program at Stritch is...
- For people with any bachelor degree - you do not need to have an education degree.
- Offered through the Hyflex delivery - you select if you wish to be in person or on-line, and you can change this selection from course-to-course.
- Designed around working people. You can be in program and earn at the same time so you can start down your new path of teaching or continue in your current role until your degree is complete.
- Culturally relevant.
- Licensing opportunity for emergency teachers & teachers of record.
Stritch has been the leader in ‘educating educators’ for more than 80 years!
The Stritch Difference
The Stritch teacher preparation program utilizes a cohort format, meaning you will have classes with many of the same teacher candidates each semester. Your cohort will become your support network in your new career. Our faculty designs courses from an active learning approach, enabling faculty to consider the experience of teacher candidates. Highlights of learning:
- Class discussions and interactive activities.
- Classroom management - building meaningful relationships through classroom community.
- Research-based lesson planning, instructional, and assessment strategies.
- Culturally responsive teaching.
- Strategies to support diverse pupils and communities.
Our faculty make the program special
All Stritch teacher preparation program faculty are licensed teachers, very active with local schools and organizations. Many consult and support local schools and organizations. Faculty are committed to helping teacher candidates implement theory into practice, as they prepare you for classroom readiness.
Our faculty prides themselves on their support of students to bridge the gap between theory and action.