Stritch Departmental Scholarships
The Departmental Scholarship is a renewable award of up to $3,000 in scholarship to Cardinal Stritch University. There are 16 departments offering this scholarship and multiple awards for each department.
Fall 2023 participating departments include:
- Visual Arts
- Computer Science
- Criminal Justice
- History/Political Science
- Performing Arts
... as well as Interdisciplinary and Undecided awards
- Be admitted to Cardinal Stritch University
- Complete the online Departmental Scholarship Application
- Submit the Departmental Scholarship Essay
- Participate in an interview with the program chair or faculty (preferably in person but also available via Zoom)
- Be recommended by department program chair for scholarship awarding
- Make your deposit within two weeks of award notification ($50 for tuition, additional $50 if planning to live on campus
Departmental Scholarship Essay Details
Prompt 250 word minimum
At Cardinal Stritch University our majors are designed to respond to today’s changing world. By choosing Stritch, you will immerse yourself in studies to advance your career opportunities and empower you to create your path to uniquely impact the world. In this essay, please address which major you have chosen to pursue at Stritch.
- Why does this major interest you?
- What career aspirations do you have in this field?
- How could you give back to the community with this major?
To apply please log-in to your Stritch Application Portal using the user name and password you created to apply.
If you applied through CommonApp, you received an email from us to create the log-in for the Stritch Application Portal. You must set up your portal in order to apply for these scholarships.
- Applies to domestic students only.
- Departmental Scholarship applicants must have at least submitted the application to begin the process (additional application materials will be necessary in order to be admitted and awarded).
- 2.5 GPA required.
- Students may apply for up to two (2) Departmental Scholarships, however, a student can only receive one (1) Departmental Scholarship.
- All applicants will be entered into an applicant pool and recommended by program chairs to be awarded. Multiple awards will be awarded for each department.
- Applicant selections and notifications will happen in two rounds, the first in December, the second in March. Notifications will arrive in January and April. Applicants need not apply twice; they will remain in the selection pool for the entire cycle.
- This scholarship can be combined with the campus visit grant and merit awards.
- Cannot be combined with full tuition Honors Competition Scholarship. Applicants can apply for both, but can be awarded only one.
- This scholarship applies only to New Undergraduate Freshmen and New Undergraduate Transfer Students.