Skip to main content

Marina Johnstone

Elementary Education

There is a closeness within Stritch among the students. Everyone knows everyone else and, if you don't, there are plenty of events that go on to promote those interactions with other people.

Ismael Luna

Political Science

Stritch has always felt like family to me; professors, advisors, financial aid counselors - they are all willing to spend time, answer questions and connect you with resources to support your success.

Nicole Marquardt

Women's Basketball

Cardinal Stritch University has a family-oriented feeling. It's amazing how diverse our campus is, and being able to interact with people from different cultures has been awesome!

Transfer credits

Understanding the process

Transcript evaluation

A transfer student interested in determining how many credits may transfer from previous coursework and how long it may take to complete a bachelor’s degree program at Stritch may submit unofficial transcripts from previous institutions for evaluation. This unofficial review process will provide students with a good understanding of how previously earned credits may transfer into our curriculum.  

Your admissions representative is ready to help you.  Contact your admissions representative or email a copy of your transcripts from all previously attended institutions to The process typically takes up to 72 hours to complete.

Getting started

Learn how to get started with FASFA

Who should file a FAFSA?

All U.S. citizens and permanent residents seeking to earn an undergraduate or graduate degree are eligible to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The Office of Financial Aid will rely on this information to locate grants, loans, and need-based scholarships to help you fund your education. International students should not file the FAFSA.

Should I submit an admissions application first?

Yes. New students should submit an application for admission before starting the financial aid process. This helps our counselors locate additional scholarships and grants based on your academic performance, affiliations, and financial need. Apply online:


Transfer Student Scholarships

Eligibility is determined by your cumulative transfer GPA. These scholarships are renewable each year and are awarded to transfer students in daytime bachelor's degree programs who have attempted at least 12 credits before attending Stritch.

  • Serra Transfer Scholarship: $16,000 per year (minimum 3.5 cumulative transfer GPA)
  • St. Bonaventure Transfer Scholarship: $14,000 per year (3.0-3.49 cumulative transfer GPA)
  • Transfer Merit Scholarship: $12,000 per year (2.0-2.999 cumulative transfer GPA)
Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship
Automatically awarded to all incoming transfer students who are members of Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society. $3,000 per year, renewable

Legacy Scholarship
Awarded to incoming freshmen and transfer students who have an immediate family member who graduated from or currently attends Cardinal Stritch University. $1,500 per year, renewable

Determine Your Scholarship: Apply Now
View More Scholarships: View Here

WAICU-WTCS Course Credit Transfer Agreement (CCTA) 

Cardinal Stritch University is part of WAICU and happy to accept the WTCS courses for direct transfer credit, when offered, not elective credit. If the Stritch's curriculum does not offer a WTCS course listed in the agreement, that course may transfer in as an elective. Information on specific course exceptions can be found here. The courses will satisfy general education or general degree requirements when applicable. In some cases, the course will transfer to a specific major. Students are responsible for confirming that these courses transfer to their intended major.

Learn more on the Articulation Agreements page.

Getting started with FASFA and more

Step 1: Create your FSA ID

Students and parents (of dependent students) will need a login called the FSA ID to access the U.S. Department of Education website to begin the FAFSA

Step 2: File the free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Begin the process at and follow the prompts. You need to enter the school code for Cardinal Stritch University, which is 003837. If you have trouble accessing the FAFSA, call their Customer Service department at (800) 433-3243.

Step 3: Receive your Student Aid Report (SAR)
Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to transfer your tax information directly into the application. After you have submitted the FAFSA, the federal government will send you and the Office of Financial Aid a copy of the processed application, called a Student Aid Report (SAR). From this report, we will be able to determine if any additional documentation is required.

Step 4: Review of your information
Once everything has been received your information will be reviewed. We will send you a notice if anything is missing or if additional information is required. Some students might be randomly selected for verification, which is a normal part of the process. In those cases we will ask you to complete a Verification Worksheet.

Step 5: Scholarships are applied
If you have already been accepted by the Office of Admissions to your degree program, we will use data from your FAFSA and admissions application to automatically award scholarships funded by the University. In most cases there are no additional forms for you to complete!

Step 6: Review and accept your financial aid package
Your financial aid award letter will include any scholarships, grants, and loans for which you are eligible. You can expect to receive a hardcopy by postal mail in addition to viewing it through our Online Aid Services. Both new and continuing students can use this service to:
  • Manage and accept a financial aid package.
  • View a list of required documents and what has been received.
  • Download any required forms or documents that are missing.

Meet your admissions counselors

Pamela C. Volden

Senior Admissions Counselor

Enrollment Management - Admissions Undergraduate

(414) 410-4338