Sharon Haas, MSN, RN, CNE, is an Assistant Professor of the Ruth S. Coleman College of Nursing and Applied Sciences. She earned an associate degree in nursing from Cardinal Stritch University, and a baccalaureate and master’s degree in nurse education from Marian University. Before joining Cardinal Stritch University, she worked as a nephrology nurse delivering acute and chronic hemodialysis treatments and teaching home-hemodialysis to patients. Her background includes clinical administration and nurse clinician work for medical/surgical orthopedic, spine, and ENT patients.
She utilizes Christian Humanism as the foundation for teaching and she believes that nursing uses human hands to do God’s work on earth.
- B.S.N., Marian University Of Fond Du Lac
- M.S.N., Marian University Of Fond Du Lac
Publications & Presentations
- Spirituality in Nursing and Allied Health Professional Practitioners Research Study – Phase III
- Cardinal Stritch University Site Coordinator –– 10/1/2014 – 1/31/2016
- Concept-Based Teaching: Curriculum Focus
- Ruth S. Coleman College of Nursing & Health Sciences Faculty - 2-11-2016
- Concept-Based Teaching: Clinical Focus
- Ruth S. Coleman College of Nursing & Health Sciences Faculty - 3-17-2016
- Simulation in Nurse Education: For Teaching or For Learning?
- Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center Nurse Education and Research Department – 4/17/2012
- “I Think, Therefore I am…a Nurse: Critical Thinking and Reasoning Skills for Nurses”
- Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center Brown Bag Lunch – 4/4/2012
- “Improving Hemodialysis Adequacy, Anticoagulation, and Dialyzer Efficiency with Streamline Bloodlines”
- Poster Presentation at American Society of Nephrology 43rd Annual Meeting and Scientific Exposition on November 19, 2010. Session Title: Dialysis, Dialyzer, Dialysate, Adequacy, and Volume Assessment. Lead Author
"When I was a student at Stritch, I felt so welcome. I was surrounded by instructors who helped challenge me academically and who supported me spiritually. I found a family and a home here. Even after being away for so many years, when I was looking for a teaching position, I knew I wanted to come back to Stritch to provide the same academic challenge and spiritual support to students in this Catholic Franciscan environment. It is still home to me."
- Sharon L. Haas