Online Writing Lab (OWL)
The Online Writing Lab (OWL) is a tutorial service, run by Academic Support, that allows students to submit drafts of college writing assignments via the online submission form (at the bottom of this page). OWL Tutors in Academic Support review the submissions and send them back to students, within two business days, with feedback, comments, and suggestions that address students' concerns about the assignment.
Who are the tutors?
The OWL tutors are professional staff members and peer tutors in Academic Support at Cardinal Stritch University. The OWL tutors are happy to share their writing expertise with you; however, as many aspects of writing are easier to explain in person than via email, you are encouraged to consult with your class instructor or a tutor in Academic Support if necessary.
Who may use the OWL?
Only students currently enrolled at Stritch may use the OWL. The student must check University email (Wolfmail) regularly to receive a response and have access to Microsoft Word in order to submit an essay.
What are some of the OWL limitations?
- Students are limited to one five-page submission per day.
- Turnaround time for feedback on OWL submissions is two business days.
- OWL staff will not rewrite your essay for you.
- OWL staff will not repair all of your mechanical errors.
- OWL staff will not assign a grade or guess what grade your instructor will give you.
- OWL staff will not review take home exams.
- OWL staff will not review Capstone papers, Master’s theses, or dissertations.
OWL staff use Microsoft Word to provide feedback on student essays. Staff is unable to use track changes and comment mode to review PDF or ODT documents.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about downloading Microsoft Word and other Office products for FREE!