Accuplacer has six parts: Arithmetic, Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra and Statistics; Advanced Algebra; Reading Comprehension; Writing and WritePlacer. Your admissions counselor or academic advisor can help you determine whether you need to take the entire test or just specific portions.
Most of the test is untimed except the WritePlace essay. Completing all sections of the test may take three or more hours.
How to Sign Up
Contact your admission counselor or academic advisor to schedule your Accuplacer test. Tests are generally offered at 1 p.m. on the first Friday of the month and 4 p.m. on the third Tuesday of the month. If you are unable to come to campus to take the test, there is also an online/remote test option for a $10 fee.
How to Prep for the Test
Test preparation, sample items, and other information is available on the Accuplacer Test Prep Website
Procedure for the Day of the Test
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before the test is scheduled to begin so that you can check in. Check in at the Bonaventure Hall Welcome Desk.
- Have a photo ID with you so the proctor can verify your identity.
- The test proctor will meet with students approximately five minutes before the exam begins and take students to the testing lab.
- General ACCUPLACER Regulations:
- No calculators are allowed
- Cell phones must be turned off and stored away before testing begins
- No food or drink is allowed in the testing room
- Only students / test-takers are allowed in the testing room. No other family members or children will be permitted
- Students will be provided with pencils and scratch paper