Academic Support offers in-person and online peer and professional tutoring services for Stritch students.
Use StritchPass to schedule a tutoring appointment:
- English Language Learner Support
How to schedule a tutoring appointment
- Log in to StritchPass using your Stritch username and password.
- Click of the big blue button that says "Schedule Tutoring Appointment"
- Next, select "Academic Support/Tutoring"
- Choose the type of tutoring service: Course-Based Tutoring, Academic Coaching, Writing Lab, ESL or Accommodations
- Finally, choose the best date, time and location for you. Click "Confirm Appointment" to complete.
Supplemental Instruction (SI) is a free service offered to students enrolled in specific SI-supported courses. SI utilizes organized group study sessions and activity based discussion to help support students in targeted courses.
All students enrolled in SI-supported courses are welcome and encouraged to attend. SI requires that an SI Leader, a faculty-recommended student who has previously taken that course, attend each class period and then lead a 50-minutes study session two to three times a week. SI Leaders take notes, listen closely in class, and then create/plan activities to facilitate peer-centered learning of important course concepts.
No prior appointment necessary! Just drop by the Student Success Center Study Area in the back of BH1058 during walk-in hours for tutoring in various 100-200-level courses.
Tutoring guidelines and overview
- Services are free for all current Stritch students.
- Tutoring sessions are conducted by trained and qualified peer tutors in Academic Support. Professional staff & faculty members are also available to tutor in some specific areas.
- Depending on subject area, sessions are provided in one-on-one or small-group settings.
- Tutoring sessions are 30 minutes long, and students are limited to four sessions per week, per subject area. Students may schedule up to two sessions per day (back-to-back 30-min. sessions are permitted in the same subject if desired).
- Tutoring is available in most undergraduate programs and courses.
- Tutoring for graduate students and other upper-level courses is limited. Check StritchPASS or contact Academic Support for information on options for graduate students.
- Writing tutoring and support is available for students across all levels (undergraduate and graduate), departments, and subject areas. However, tutoring will not be available for any dissertations, theses, or capstone projects. Students are encouraged to work with their faculty advisors for guidance and feedback on these projects.
If you are unable to find a specific undergraduate course or subject offered by tutors in StritchPASS you can contact Academic Support about getting a peer tutor, and we will get in touch with you and do our best to accommodate your request. However we cannot guarantee a tutor for every subject/request. Please be sure that you have viewed all schedules and tutor availability on StritchPASS before making a special request.
Loss of Tutoring Privileges Policy
Six cancelled 30-minute appointments (or three cancelled 1-hour appointments) with less than 12 hours’ notice will result in loss of tutoring privileges for the semester. The student will be locked out of his or her StritchPASS tutoring options account until the applicable posted tutoring calendar is concluded. However, if the student wishes to be reinstated before the end of the semester/term, he or she will need to write an appeal and schedule time to meet with Assistant Director of Academic Support and discuss the appeal. The earliest a student can be reinstated is two weeks from the date of the system lockout. The student can use the appeal process only once each semester/term.