Register to Vote
To vote in Wisconsin you must be registered!
Other ways to register...
- In-person at your municipal clerk's office
- Polling place on Election Day
When registering to vote online make sure to have the following...
- Unexpired State Driver License or ID Card
- Proof of Residence Document
Before you vote, prepare your needed documents.
A Voter ID is needed to get a ballot in the state of Wisconsin. You need to show a Voter ID to prove who you are when you request an absentee ballot or a ballot at your polling place. Examples of Voter IDs include:
- Valid Wisconsin Driver License
- Current and Valid Wisconsin ID card
- Stritch Voter ID Card
To ask the Technology Help Desk for more information on Student Vote ID Card, click here
For more examples of acceptable Voter ID's, click here
A Proof of Residence document is a document that proves where you live in Wisconsin and is only used when registering to vote.
Any document used as proof of residence MUST include:
- Your current and complete name
- Your current and complete residential address
- A visible account or document number (if applicable)
Must be a form of the following documents:
- A current and valid State of Wisconsin License or WI State ID card
- Any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit.
- Bank or credit card statement
- Paycheck or pay stub
For more examples of documents and how to present these documents, click here
What to expect as a first time voter
State It, Show It, Sign It
When you arrive to your local polling place:
- You will be greeted by an Election Official
- They will ask if you need to a complete a Voter Registration form.
You can always print and complete your Voter Registration form in advance to save time and make the process faster. Remember to bring it with you when you vote!
- The poll clerk will review your form and verify you are at the correct voting place.
- Then, you will be directed to the deputy returning officer who will issue your ballot, will verify your registration form, and will ask to see your government issues ID.
- You will sign the bottom of your form.
- You will be given your ballot to vote.
- At the voting booth make sure o mark your selections for you candidate(s).
- Insert your ballot in the counting machine.
- Get your sticker!