2020 Ceremony Information
Sunday, May 17, 2020
Undergraduate Ceremony: 10 a.m.
Graduate Ceremony: 2 p.m.
One undergraduate and one graduate student will be selected to speak at the appropriate commencement ceremony in May. This could be your once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to share your ideas and inspirations with your peers.
Criteria for application
- A student earning any degree is eligible
- Must be in good standing at the University and in the community
- Must have met all requirements to participate in commencement
- Must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average
- Must be endorsed by academic department (this will be part of administrative process)
- Complete application form
- Attach updated resume
- Write a 3 page speech (5-6 minutes when read) that:
- Is relevant and inspiring to graduates of all majors or programs
- Is consistent with Franciscan values
- Includes at least one compelling story or memory that inspires you to go forward and make a difference
- Includes a “charge” or “challenge” to fellow graduates about how they might make a difference
Application, resume, and 3 typed pages of your speech (double spaced) are due to the Student Affairs Committee
Finalists will be invited to audition
. Complete applications can be emailed to Payal Chawda
, or mailed to Payal Chawada, 6801 N. Yates Rd., Milwaukee, WI 53217, or you may drop them off directly at the Student Services Desk in Bonaventure Hall.
Bookstore hours for cap/gown pickup
Cap and gown orders must be pre-ordered through the Cashnet link that was provided to eligible students. In-person orders are not available.
Wednesday, May 8: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Thursday, May 9: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Friday, May 10: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Saturday, May 11: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Monday, May 13: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Tuesday, May 14: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Wednesday, May 15: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Thursday, May 16: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Friday, May 17: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Saturday, May 18: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Sunday, May 19: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm (noon)
Note: The first day of pick up for late orders is May 15
Proofs will be sent to your home and via email within three to five days after graduation. Pictures can be ordered online, by phone, or by mail. GradImages can be contacted at (800) 261-2576 or www.gradimages.com
. Registering with GradImages provides them with the information they need to deliver your graduation proofs to you in a timely manner. Giving them an accurate mailing address and email address will allow them to get your proofs to you on the first try.You may also provide them with email addresses of up to six friends and family members to allow them to celebrate in the accomplishment.
As a Stritch graduate, you will join a network of more than 38,000 alumni, earning automatic membership in the Cardinal Stritch University Alumni Association, which offers you a lifetime of benefits.
With graduation around the corner, now is the time to evaluate your goals and develop your plan. Contact Career Education if you would like to meet with a career counselor to discuss your career decision-making, graduate school options, or job search strategies.
2019 Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony
Sunday, May 19, 2019
Student Speaker: John Dereszynski
Honorary Degree Recipient: Howard Melton
2019 Graduate Commencement Ceremony
Sunday, May 19, 2019
Student Speaker: Jan Griesbach, Ph.D.
Honorary Degree Recipient: Daniel J. Bader