2021 Ceremony Information
Sunday, May 16, 2021
Check back soon as new information will continue to be added.
One undergraduate and one graduate student will be selected to speak at the appropriate commencement ceremony in May. This could be your once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to share your ideas and inspirations with your peers.
Criteria for application
- A student earning any degree is eligible
- Must be in good standing at the University and in the community
- Must have met all requirements to participate in commencement
- Must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average
- Must be endorsed by academic department (this will be part of administrative process)
- Complete application form
- Attach updated resume
- Write a 3 page speech (5-6 minutes when read) that:
- Is relevant and inspiring to graduates of all majors or programs
- Is consistent with Franciscan values
- Includes at least one compelling story or memory that inspires you to go forward and make a difference
- Includes a “charge” or “challenge” to fellow graduates about how they might make a difference
Application, resume, and 3 typed pages of your speech (double spaced) are due to the Student Affairs Committee
Finalists will be invited to audition
. Complete applications can be emailed to Payal Chawda
, or mailed to Payal Chawada, 6801 N. Yates Rd., Milwaukee, WI 53217, or you may drop them off directly at the Student Services Desk in Bonaventure Hall.
Proofs will be sent to your home and via email within three to five days after graduation. Pictures can be ordered online, by phone, or by mail. GradImages can be contacted at (800) 261-2576 or www.gradimages.com
. Registering with GradImages provides them with the information they need to deliver your graduation proofs to you in a timely manner. Giving them an accurate mailing address and email address will allow them to get your proofs to you on the first try.You may also provide them with email addresses of up to six friends and family members to allow them to celebrate in the accomplishment.
As a Stritch graduate, you will join a network of more than 38,000 alumni, earning automatic membership in the Cardinal Stritch University Alumni Association, which offers you a lifetime of benefits.
With graduation around the corner, now is the time to evaluate your goals and develop your plan. Contact Career Education if you would like to meet with a career counselor to discuss your career decision-making, graduate school options, or job search strategies.
Celebrating the Class of 2020
Graduates, we are so proud of you! You have worked incredibly hard to get here. From this moment, you now take with you the accomplishments, lessons, relationships and memories that defined your Stritch experience as they continue to shape you personally and professionally. The entire Stritch family joins your families and friends in wishing you all the best as your journey continues!