Academic Support offers in-person and online! Peer and professional tutoring services for Stritch students who are currently enrolled in classes.
Tutoring services are available in most subject areas, including:
- English and Writing
- Nursing & Sciences
- Social Sciences, Languages and Communication Study Skills
- ELL/ESL Support
Schedule all tutoring session in StritchPASS.
No prior appointment necessary! Just drop in to the new Student Success Study Area in the back of BH 1058 every Wednesday and Thursday during designated times to get 100-200 level tutoring in:
- Writing: Wednesdays - 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Math: Thursdays - 12-2 p.m.
- Nursing: Thursdays - 12-2 p.m.
How to schedule an appointment
All students can access StritchPASS here on this page, via the main university website, or via Canvas.
- Log in with your Stritch username and password (these are same credentials you use to log into MyStritch, Canvas, or Wolfmail).
- Once you've successfully logged in, on the StritchPASS home page, click on the big blue button on the right that says "Schedule Tutoring Appointment."
- From there, you can select either Tutoring (for specific courses) or Writing Lab, and then follow the prompts to select the subject/area, tutor, location, and appointment time/date that is available. The system limits students who select the tutoring option to only classes in which they are currently enrolled.
- On the final confirmation screen, you will be able to review all the appointment details, and add any comments about what you would like to review during the appointment. You will also have the option to receive an email or text reminder for your appointment.
- When you are ready, click on the blue "Confirm Appointment" button, and you are all set!
If you are unable to find a specific undergraduate course or subject offered by tutors in StritchPASS you can contact Academic Support about getting a peer tutor, and we will get in touch with you and do our best to accommodate your request. However we cannot guarantee a tutor for every subject/request. Please be sure that you have viewed all schedules and tutor availability on StritchPASS before making a special request.
Loss of Tutoring Privileges Policy
Six cancelled 30-minute appointments (or three cancelled 1-hour appointments) with less than 12 hours’ notice will result in loss of tutoring privileges for the semester. The student will be locked out of his or her StritchPASS tutoring options account until the applicable posted tutoring calendar is concluded. However, if the student wishes to be reinstated before the end of the semester/term, he or she will need to write an appeal and schedule time to meet with Amber Fox and discuss the appeal. The earliest a student can be reinstated is two weeks from the date of the system lockout. The student can use the appeal process only once each semester/term.